Monday, September 1, 2008

Un-Labor Day Weekend

These photos are out of order, this was labor day. Pat and Vi chillinViolet reminiscing bout the good ol' days

BabyNoah loving the tummy time
Vi sharing fond memories of babyhood with Noah
Violet and I made this mask about 5 months ago--would not touch it...now not so scary
Violet's new pals in Pat and Beth's garden

We were lucky enough to have babyNoah and his Mommy visit us for the long weekend. Violet got very nostalgic when her old baby toys came back out (or maybe it was Mommy that was weepy). Noah decided to have his second tooth arrive while at our house! He really knows how to make Aunty Kate feel special. Noah and Vi rode the carousal at Congress Park in Saratoga----they of course were prefect confection. We wished we lived closer, sniff'.
Violet started stuttering sometime last week, not just talking too fast and misspeaking, but truly tripping over sounds, for example, saying "I" for 20 seconds. To the point where Vi would be frustrated. Of course, Daddy and I were freaking so I did what all good Mom's do these days----hop on the Internet to discover every possible horrible speech impediment that ever existed to diagnose her with and then find a cure for our suffering daughter. Fast forward to this week--stuttering GONE.
These days Violet is in love with Ratatouille. We were on our way to the car when Vi says, "Ratatouille does not sound delicious." She is quoting a scene where the main character is drunk--fill in your own comment here on the complete inappropriateness of Disney characters getting sloshed____________________. Then she later quoted the evil Anton Ego,"I don't like food, I love it if I don't love it I don't smallow." Once again Disney taking the low road.
She is still into pretending with her little family of dolls. She always raises her voice an octave when pretending with the dolls. These days they are often going to school. They still do a lot of hugging and one time the doll even said," Mike" the same way that I do, in that voice that only Mike can truly appreciate.
We had dinner with Pat and Beth on Labor Day. Vi quickly made friends with a stony rabbit and ceramic frog. They took naps, snuggled, and traveled around the yard with Vi. Violet even then told Pat to sit down with her so they chilled on the deck.

Noah and his Mommy yuckn' it up!

No comments: